Sunday, October 18, 2009

My first day blogging

So today is my first time blogging, I know I'm a little behind the 8-ball, but it's never too late to do stuff like this. So today, I got up and thought about the economy and how it has really hurt my opportunities to get a full-time job in this market. Currently, I'm substituting in a school district that has very few postings due to the massive budget cuts in training and seminars for the regular teachers. All I have to say is that substitute teaching really stinks, the kids treat you like crap and you feel like just babysit all day. However, in this economic climate a job is a job I guess.

In the afternoon, I finished reading this week's issue of The Week. The magazine had Obama on the cover playing chess with a Nobel peace prize over his neck. Now, I don't know about you, but did the guy really deserve this shoddy medal. I mean, come on now, the guy has been President for less than a year and has hardly accomplished anything so far. If you don't agree with me, then you obviously don't agree with SNL from a week ago.

Anyway, I went to the gym today to play some basketball. I saw some old high-school and college acquintances of mine, and we both asked each other same old question everyone else asks after school "So what are you doing now?". Why do you people always have to ask this? Can't people just ask, "How's the suffering going?" for a change.

When I got home, I hit up Netflix to watch a streaming documentary about Harry S. Truman. The guy was alright as the President during his time. You guy should check out the documentary on Netflix if you have it, it was made by PBS and called "Truman: American Experience".

No comments:

Post a Comment